Monday, 30 May 2011
Wingnut Dishwashers Union - Burn the Earth! Leave It Behind! (2009)
Sounds Like: The Mountain Goats on crack.
1. Proundhon In Manhattan
2. Never Trust A Man (Who Plays Guitar)
3. Fuck Shit Up! (Whanana)
4. Fuck Every Cop! (Who Ever Did His Job)
5. Urine Speaks Louder Than Words
6. Picking Sides
7. Jesus Does The Dishes
8. Just Because I Don't Say Anything Doesn't Mean I've Got Nothing To Say
9. For A Girl In Rhinelander, WI
10. My Idea Of Fun
Review: In my opinion the greatest folk punk album. It's not sentimental and Pat the Bunny at no point apoligises for his quite frankly awful singing. Somehow an album full of songs that shouldn't work works, and works wonderfully. If you listen to one folk punk album in your life, make it this one.
If you particularly enjoyed this album then go here: http://braveasnounblog.blogspot.com/ to find a million albums that sound just like it, and you should.