Sunday 14 August 2011

Captain Choas - The Fool (2006)

Who is Captain Choas?: Captain Choas is the former code name for Chris Clavin's solo work who now releases new solo work under simply Chris Clavin. Chris Clavin is the founding member of Plan-It-X record. He is also/has been a member of many bands probably most notably Ghost Mice.

Genre: Folk Punk

Who Does He Sounds Like?: Chaos is in my opinion the prime example of folk punk, shit he practically invented it, and if you disagree with that you have to admit that with Plan-It-X records he has allowed the genre to flourish. But other artist that remind me of him would be Spoonboy and Matty Pop Chart who coincidentally both lived with Chaos, guess he rubbed off on them.

And Why Should I Listen To This?
: The reason I decided to review "The Fool" was because it was the first Captain Chaos I'd ever heard and I suppose I have a specially attachment to it. I know every word to these songs and I've listened to it more then any other album Chris has been a part of. It's a really good album, some may say that there are better Captain Chaos records but I really like this one, and if you've found your way to this review I doubt you need all that much convincing to check it out. But, if you have somehow stubbled across this by accident just surfing the web then my new found friend you have hit the jackpot and be prepared for a real treat because Captain Chaos is something special. And if you liked this be sure to listen to listen to all the other stuff good ol' Chris Clavin has been involved in:

Ghost Mice
The Devil Is Electric
Operation: Cliff Clavin



Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?kkdzrmzmw2z

No comments:

Post a Comment